Friday, November 21, 2008

Hilary for Secretary of State

So Obama is decided who is going to appoint to his cabinet, and there have been tons of reports of people getting selected for certain jobs. But Hilary Clinton for Secretary of State, I never would have thought that would happen. I didn't think that Obama was going to nominate her for anything really. I cannot lie, I thought that Obama would want all of the fame for himself, being the first black president and all. But I am really happy that he is giving Hilary this opportunity, that is if she ends up getting selected for the job. In the New York Times, it said that she would readily accept the position. In accepting this position, she would become the primary foreign policy counselor for Obama. And that would be a very very important position to hold in this upcoming term that Obama is going to serve as president. I am sure there will be tons of foreign policy issues that will need to be addressed. Obviously Iraq, as well as North Korea, Guantanamo Bay and a plethera of other things. Since Hilary is so experienced as a Senator, I am almost certain that she will play a big role in helping Obama make key decisions. I am glad that she is going to be a part of the Obama administration.

No comments: