Friday, November 21, 2008

James Bond Gadgets

I have always questioned whether the gadgets that I see in movies like James Bond, or the Borne trilogy are actually in the possesion of the United States government. My first thought if they actually are being made and used is WOW THAT IS SO COOL! But the more I think about it the more it kind of worries me. I am all about being able to spy on enemies of this country and stuff, but someday, these technologies might be used against American citizens, like phone tapping and the result of the Patriot Act. It has come to my attention that government agencies actually DO have incredible inventions like little fly sized microphone/video transmitters that can fly. The US has developed "bug-sized spies" and if everything goes well, they plan on using them in combat and secret missions and such. The research that they have done is trying to replace the drone aircrafts that they have been using in Iraq, but wouldn't be ready until 2030. Thats a long time, I know. But if we are coming up with this type of technology it really makes me think about a lot of my personal security. It's one thing to want to be one up on your enemies. It's a totally different thing to use them on American people. I would definitely not be ok with that. And I really hope that it doesn't come down to that.

No comments: